Thursday, December 15, 2011

Moving on and paying it forward

Source: www.epicvelocity.wordpress.com
Don’t be afraid to keep moving on,

For what was before, now has gone,
God wants to accomplish so much more,
But we need to move forward in the Lord.
© By M.S. Lowndes, Based on Isaiah 43:18-19

After the fire incident in our house, we are gradually accepting our fate and move forward to paint a new rainbow after the storm. Its not easy for us to forget the things that had happen, but we cannot always think about it and regret the things that we should have done to save our house. But our life has no rewind, we cannot erase and live to the past, we need to move on.

Moving on is such an easy word but its very hard to accomplish. I am blessed that I have friends and family that gave us strength and encouragement to live our normal lives again. Even though, we are still living at a friend's house, we are trying to adjust and be diligent in living there, because its hard to live in somebody's home.

When my friends and work colleagues knew about the incident, blessings were showering in our home. I realized that in this lowest time of my life, you will know who your real friends are, who are there to support you in your ups and downs. I am shy about the gifts that I have received, but it will be disrespectful if I would not accept their offer. This is the time to take away my pride and "magpakumbaba".

I am so blessed that I have a loving work colleagues, they are a family to me. When my boss heard about the news, he immediately called me and said that we would initiate some help from our head office. They gave me financial assistance and there are also some help from the US Head Office that will be given to me. That amount would be very helpful in building again our house.

Hallelujah! God is great and marvelous! He endures forever! With these blessings, I can say that God has a purpose in this trial of our life. He did not made this situation just so to hurt us, but He has prepared something great for us. Every trial that He made, He wants to send a message, a message that we need to keep our faith in God, always and forever!

I said thank you to my colleagues and even sent greeting e-cards just to express my feelings of gratitude. My boss was touched by my message and he even said if they have done good deeds to me, I need to pay it forward to others who are in need. I told him that even if this incident had not happen, I am willing to help others who are in need.
Source: www.madmikesaamerica.com

I maybe in need right now, but there are still people out there who have less in life. I am still lucky that I can eat three meals a day, I still have a job and my family is complete. I can no longer ask for more, God has given me a lot of blessings already. This incident will be remembered for the rest of our lives, not as a tragic incident but an event where God did great things for us! Amen!

1 comment:

  1. that was a very positive way of handling things. hope everything gets better soon..

    you may want to check THIS out..

    ReplyDelete