Friday, August 7, 2026

Modeling faith

Source: https://www.theparentpractice.com/blog/80-of-parenting-is-modelling


When I sing, they sing.. When I dance, they dance... When I talk, they listen...

When my children were little kids, they usually follow everything that I do. Our bonding activity is watching Disney movies and sing the sound tracks. I remember the movie 'Frozen", with its famous song: "Let it go!". We sing together and enjoy the moment. As they grew older and now in their teens, I want them to not just follow what I do but most importantly, listen to what I say.

They say kids really follow what their parents do. We need to be very careful on how we talk and act in front of them. In Ephesians 5:1–2, it says: "Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us."

As parents, it is our duty to model a Christ-like character to our children. When we want them to listen to us, you also listen to them. If you do not want your children to shout at you, talk with conviction and grab their attention. In dinners and family gatherings, show them how to pray and give thanks to God for all the blessings. Be the first model the good character of faith. 

Model by planting seeds of faith, nurture them and let them sprout gradually. Then. water them daily with good deeds. In the future, you will bear fruit. This can be seen in their character and you will be surprise how small acts of faith can transform the lives of our children.

Be a model of faith!



No comments:

Post a Comment