Saturday, August 12, 2023

All things to all people

I am a person who thrives in different environments. I am a versatile person because I can change my ways in order to gain new friends and establish a relationship with them. In high school, I have different groups of friends. I have friends in my class section, and friends in our cooking class. I also befriended a girl who was bullied because she was a loner. In college, I became a student leader in class, in the college, and at the university level during my senior year. This has put me in a more strategic role where I met different types of students from different colleges. I befriended all of them from athletes, artists, and fellow leaders. I am willing to adapt to different personalities and make myself like them, so I can gain their trust and establish a working relationship with them. It is an advantage to me as a leader, so I can easily implement my programs and projects in school. Even when I was working, I gained a lot of friends from different departments and offices. 

Just like me, Paul was adapting to different personalities and managed to use a different approach to preaching the gospel. In 1 Corinthians 9:22-23, Paul said "To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings." Paul emphasized in this verse, that in order to draw people near to God, you share the gospel in different ways to different kinds of people. People have different personalities and it's important to have an approach that will cater to their attention. 


We can do all things for all people, for the sake of sharing the gospel. Let us be open-minded and willing to change our ways for the better. Let us step out of our comfort zone to reach out to people who need to hear the gospel. All things are possible in God's name! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment