Friday, August 25, 2023

Give Thanks

"The thing you wanted the most once you have it, you don't want it anymore." This is what my professor said in college. This statement also lingered to me even when I became a professional. 

We all have dreams for ourselves, for our family and for others in our community. We pray for our future success in each of our endeavours. But what if the one thing you desired is just around the corner for so long and you did not even notice it was there. 

I have applied for so many jobs back in 2011 and 2012, because our project will about to end and I was worried I cannot continue paying my bills. I need to have a stable source of income.  A friend told me they need an instructor in my former university, I was hesitant at first because I don't know if I can do it and I was afraid I cannot live up to the expectations of my former professors. But I made a decision to try it and the rest was history. I was Instructor 1 in 2012 and 10 years later, I became an Associate Professor 2 in 2022. I realized that for all the job applications I made and rejections I have, one phone call offered me a lifetime opportunity. I took the risk and accepted it even ifbI was uncertain.

I realize the importance of gratitude and contentment in everything that we have. Sometimes we do not need look away because the blessings are just around the corner. We should be thankful for what we have and be contented with it. If you prayed for something, wait for the Lord's answer. 

In Psalms 105:1, it says: "Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim His greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done." 

When we achieve success in our endeavours, let us not forget who gave us such blessing. Let give thanks to the Lord our God in our success and even in our failures. If we fail, it just means that it was not meant for us and God has prepared something greater and something bigger for us. We can do it if we lift our plans to God for He will establish it. Lets praise the Lord and share His goodness and mercy to others! Share the gospel and make disciples!

No comments:

Post a Comment