Saturday, August 5, 2023

Freedom

Are you free to do the things you want? What hinders you to do it?  

I am living in the Republic of the Philippines, where we enjoy democracy and freedom of speech.  However, too much freedom can be abusive. People tend to enjoy too much in saying what they want to say to the point that a lot of people are offended. Is there a limit to enjoying our freedom?

In Exodus 6:6-8,  God chose Moses to lead the Israelites to freedom from slavery from the Egyptians.

6 “Therefore, say to the Israelites: ‘I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.t I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. w 7 I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God.  Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. 8 And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the Lord.’ ”

They were freed from the bondage of slavery and were released from abuse. All of them wanted to get out of Egypt. But to experience genuine freedom is to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, In Galatians 5:1, it says:


Let us experience divine freedom by living our lives with Jesus Christ! Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment