Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Supporting each other

I invited my friend Janice to our discipleship group. During our discussion, she shared that her life turned a whole 360 degree turn. I listened and emphatized with her. After the meeting, I talked to her online because I want to comfort her in her distress. That night, she accepted Jesus as her Lord and saviour and commited to attend our discipleship group meeting regularly. As we share our circumstances, she struggled financially and shares how all the things they had were gone and they started again from scratch. 

In the lowest point of her life, she sought refuge from God and attended online church services in the same church as me. We met with our friends two weeks before that and that is how I discovered that we are attending the same church online and invited her to our discipleship group. 

I realize how important it is to connect with friends regularly and share the gospel to give them comfort and guide them in their decision making. We realized that we have the same struggles and our only refuge is the Lord. 

As we journey together in our Christian life, I am also equipping myself with God's message and prepared myself to lead a discipleship group myself in the future. I realized now my purpose to share the gospel and supporting my friends in their struggles. We will grow together with the Lord.

The Lord is always with us, when people gathered in His name as what in Matthew 18:20 says.

Let us check our family members and friends because they have their own struggles and they need someone to share their feelings and emotions with. As a Christian, it is our mission to share the gospel and support each other through our discipleship groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment