Sunday, August 20, 2023

Encouragement

Living alone here in South Korea and having no church community, I opt to attend an online church service at CCF. I watch their services every Sunday and they always encourage to find a discipleship group. I clicked the link they have shared on the online chat. I was hoping that I would be part of a Christian community here in South Korea.

I prayed to God in Janaury 2023, during my new year prayer and fasting. One of my prayer list is to have a discipleship group and be able to lead one myself. In April 19, 2023, I received an email of the discipleship group leader, and they endorsed me to their chat group. In August 9, 2023, I was able to invite a friend to our disiciple group and I am currently equipping myself to become a leader and disiciple others in the future. 

My Dgroup family here in South Korea is my source of strength and encouragement. I have a Dgroup before in my former church in Davao City in 2017, we were 3 in the group and  all of us are married with kids. But it did not last long and were gradually dismantled due to busy work schedules and our leader was not able to communicate with us anymore. I really felt cut off from my spiritual family especially during the pandemic when I needed the most comfort and encouragement during that time. 

In August 28, 2022, I went to South Korea to study and I was searching for a church community. I found CCF online service in youtube and that led me to my Dgroup now since April 2023. I am thankful for my family here. Even if we meet online, I have learned a lot and it gave me  courage to always embody a Christ-like attitude. They are my accountability partners. Reminding me what to do as Christian and how to decide on things based on biblical wisdom. 

In Matthew 18:20, Jesus shared that He is always with us even if 2 or 3 people are gathered honoring His name. This verse is the foundation of discipleship groups who study the bible together and sharing testimonies that everybody can learn.

Furthermore, in 1 Thessalonians 5:11, Paul reminded the church In Thessalonica to encourage every member of the church and build each other's Christ-like character. 


These powerful verses clearly reminds us that we should never be alone in our walk with God. It is a great oppotunity to walk with people with the same mindset because it will influence you to become a transformative Christian in word, thought and deed.

I realized that whatever platform we can communicate whether online or face-to-face, it does not matter. What matters most is how we acknowledge the presence of God through the Holy Spirit every time you meet your brothers and sisters in Christ. It is important that you surround yourself with people who can influence you greatly and walk with you in your Christian life journey.

Let us share the gospel and encourage one another! In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Amen!🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment