Friday, February 24, 2023

Jesus Daily

Source:https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/jesus/images/22021004/title/jesusdaily-images-photo

In 2017, I received Jesus as my Lord and Savior and was a Born Again Christian. I was dead to sin and came back alive again in Jesus Christ. As I journey in my Christian life, I discovered the power of His messages from the scripture. My belief and mindset were changed and I don't quickly get emotional if things do not go my way, instead, I focus on the message that God is telling me in every situation. 

I was attending church at Victory Davao and I met Ate Edna who ministered the One-to-One discipleship journey with me. Praise God for her for sharing her time to share the gospel and I was able to start my journey with Christ. She has shared with me her testimonies about her own struggles and family problems, and how God transformed their lives as a family.  I was inspired and want to continue this journey because I also want to set an example for my kids and lead them closer to God.  Since I want my children to be closer to God, I regularly attend Sunday church services and became a Kids Ministry volunteer as a teacher. I also let them attend summer activity workshops so they will enjoy and make friends with kids their age. 

However, during the pandemic in 2020, I was not able to continue volunteering we were just attending church online and we were slowly disconnecting from our daily Sunday routine of going to church every Sunday. My kids also were not able to go to church and watching kids church online was not able to connect them to God. In 2022, I traveled to South Korea to study for my Ph.D. degree and that also stopped them from going to church, since their father is not regularly attending church. I really wanted them to be closer to God as they grow as teenagers but I am the only one who always brings them to church. I always pray that my husband, who was an active Christian during his youth, will able to bring back his fire in praising and worshiping God and transcend it to his kids.

Even if I am away from the physical church back home, I have still the opportunity to attend church online. Every Sunday, I watch Facebook and Youtube live for church services. I can still praise, worship and hear God's word while Im far away. I regularly do my morning devotionals starting this year, so I will consistently read and meditate on God's message. I want to connect my kids again to God by sharing the online Kids' church videos. When I get back home during my vacations, I want to go to church with them. 

As a believer of Jesus Christ and as a parent, my mission is to share the gospel with my family and minister to them so that they will also heed the call of honoring God and make disciples. As Christians, we should put Jesus in our daily lives. Keep honoring God, keep making disciples, and lead them to our Lord Jesus Christ Daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment