Thursday, February 23, 2023

Difficult Times

Source: https://stjustinmartyr.org/167094/how-do-you-pray-during-these-difficult-times-20th-sunday-b-2018/

As an adult, I have experienced a lot of struggles in living on my own and providing for my family. I have had many failures and few successes but I was resilient and coped with anxieties every time I faced them. Living in South Korea today and for the next three years is a long agony of loneliness because I am away from my family. Aside from that, I have to battle my problems alone and struggle by myself.  One thing that keeps me going is my faith in God. In moments of difficulty, I only seek God's wisdom through prayers. A prayer is a powerful tool in difficult times. 

In Psalm 61:1-8, Kind David prayed to the Lord intently and faithfully he cried out to Him. 

1 Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.

2 From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

3 For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.

4 I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.

5 For you, God, have heard my vows; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.

6 Increase the days of the king’s life, his years for many generations.

7 May he be enthroned in God’s presence forever; appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him.

8 Then I will ever sing in praise of your name and fulfill my vows day after day.

In times of despair, do not seek other means to cope with anxiety like sex, alcohol, or drugs. For you to have wisdom and strengthen your emotional and psychological state, you should dwell in the house of our Almighty God.  He has the provident answers to your problems, He will give you peace and gives you comfort in difficult times. The only tool to communicate with Him is through prayers. Prayer is for free you just need to devote your time, energy, and faith to Him. Be like King David, pray and meditate every day and submit to the Lord all your worries and cares because He will truly answer your call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment