Monday, February 20, 2023

Vulnerable

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2348236/Body-soul-dare-vulnerable.html

On August 29, 2022, I flew here in South Korea to pursue my Doctor of Philosophy in Economics degree at Kangwon National University (KNU). I was excited to be here because finally I will be able to fulfill my long time dream of studying abroad. But as months came along while studying, I found myself alone and sad because I am away from my family. I miss my husband, my kids, my parents, my siblings, my friends, and my relatives. Being alone makes me vulnerable for anxiety and depression.

In this loneliness that I am feeling, I fought against challenges to my sanity. I battling emotional and psychological anxieties because I cannot talk to anyone. I may have friends and classmates but I cannot open up about my problems. I am struggling financially, I am pressured to finish my degree on time, and I am tempted to work part-time to have additional income. 

All these battles filled my mind, I am vulnerable emotionally and psychologically but God keep me sane. God gave me wisdom through His words. He gave me strenght and time to reflect and think of ways to solve my problems. I read God's word every day to comfort and protect my heart in these vulnerable times. 

Everyday I devote myself to reading the scripture every morning (devotionals) and writing my daily journal. In this way, I can meditate on the scripture from the bible and remember my past experiences to remind myself that God is the center of my life. The word of God is my strenght and my fortress and even if I am here in South Korea away from my family, I am not alone because God is always with me! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment