Thursday, February 16, 2023

Alone

Source: https://www.worthy.com/blog/divorce/healing/being-alone-without-being-lonely/

When I studied here in South Korea and I am far away from home. I deal with my problems alone. I do not open up with my friends here. I only kept it on my own. Given that most of my problems are financial, I rarely go out with friends and usually avoid them because it will entail costs when eating out. I need to budget my allowance and resist the temptation of eating out. With this, I am left alone and deal with my problems by myself.

I made some wrong decisions in borrowing money before traveling here to Korea and most of my salary was paid for my loan. I am only left with little money to pay for food and other expenses for my family in the Philippines. That's why most of my allowance here is sent home to pay for my bills and I am left with a minuscule amount for my food and housing rent.

But even being alone, I found God as my only refuge. I pray to Him every day to give me strength and sustain me for my everyday needs. I am also praying for my family to keep them healthy and safe always and protect them from harm. 

I am always reminded of Matthew 6:25-27:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"

God will provide even before you ask because He knows what I need. I am not alone because God is always with me through thick and thin. I always pray for strength and endurance to give me the energy to continue my Ph.D. study and not be bothered by problems.

Problems are a way for God to teach us values and train us to become stronger in faith. I prayed for wisdom and God gave me problems to solve. In every struggle we face alone, God is there to help us stand and solve it with His guidance. We are never alone! God is always here for us. We need to call upon His name every day. Knock and the door shall be open to you. We are never alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment