Monday, June 26, 2023

Love your enemies

Did someone bully you and hurt you the most? Did you hate them?

I was bullied by my classmates in high school and I didnt stood up for myself. I was afraid to get angry with them or I am shy to show my anger to anyone because I dont want them to dislike me. I was always pleasing everybody. 

On the other hand,  while I was working, my boss always scolded me even if I already followed the orders and rules. It seems not enough because my boss will always be angry if not on the mood or just hates you for some little things.

Despite all the hurt and the memories of my emotional and psychological suffering, I forgave them and moved on with my life right now. I remember the verse from Proverbs 12:21. That no matter how evil they are your goodness should overpower it.

To elaborate on this one verse, the preceeding verses in Proverbs 12:19-20 , emphasize the forgiveness of our enemies and let God do its works.

This teaching reminds us to have compassion and to show love even to our hard core enemies. If Jesus Christ took the sacrifice to save us from our death to sin in order for us to receive salvation by his grace, we can also show mercy and love to our enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment