Thursday, January 26, 2023

Forgiveness

Source: https://theapopkavoice.com/stories/forgiveness-is-a-pure-gift-from-god,7069


"Jen Bugo ka!" That was the first time someone told me I am not good enough and I am dumb. Even my parents did not utter such words to me, they love me and appreciate everything that I do. These hurtful words were spoken by my former boss. She gets angry quickly and shouts at us and curses us and says words that will hurt us. 

Those days in my life were the saddest and unpredictable one. I keep on avoiding to be scolded and do the best that I can to do what she wanted and to please her in every step of the way. But still no matter what I do to make her feel good, she will still get angry to me if she feels like it and not in the mood. Despite all the hurtful memories I have of my former boss, I still treasure some good memories with her. There are times that she was in a good mood, that she is also generous and give us gifts. That she also defend us and fight for us if she needed to. 

Those feelings of hurt are replaced with forgiveness and understanding and empathy. I realize that she has a moody personality and very sensitive because she also has personal struggles at home. She is separated from his husband and she is alone in her house. She has a lot of frustrations in life and sad childhood experiences that made her release her anger to us. Her unpredictable mood everyday in the office is because of her stresses at home and we are the only ones that she can release her anger. Because of this, I truly understand why she is like that to us.

Even though I was hurt that much and made me cry, I forgive her and I pray that she will find peace and solemnity in her life. We may have different struggles in life but I am still grateful that I have a complete and happy family. Forgiveness and moving forward for the better is the greatest joy in life. Forgive and forget for time heals and let God heal our emotional wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment