Thursday, January 5, 2023

Ready for Adventure

The year 2022 was full of surprises and I was able to achieve my long-term goals and also short-ones. But one thing I learned last year is that everything is possible if you are focused and you worked hard for it. I worked very hard and faced a lot of rejections when I started my journey toward my dream of studying abroad and having my Ph.D. from 2017 to 2022. Finally, after three years God answered my prayers and I was able to achieve my long-term goal of studying abroad, and surprisingly it's in South Korea (which is a dream destination of every K-drama, Kpop fan and K-Culture like me).  Achieving that was not easy and it's just pure luck because I gave my all during the application and it bear fruit. 

During my first semester here at Kangwon National University (KNU), I do not what to expect from my courses, teacher, and my classmates. But the only thing that's on my mind is to focus on every subject and to give my best. Fortunately, I got straight A+ in all my subjects this semester. I was not expecting it but I realized that everything I do in life is an adventure. You will never know how hard or easy it is and there is an equal chance of failure and success you should be ready and accept the outcome. The outcome is just the result of your actions.

For this new year ahead for 2023, I will be consistent and achieve my goals and act on them. My biggest frustration for the past years is that I was not able to publish any research articles. This year I want to achieve that goal and be able to comply with my Ph.D. requirement, as well as, our target in college and promotion. It's a long way to go and a new adventure awaits. We are made for adventure for we are created in the image of God. 

1 comment: