Thursday, May 18, 2023

I am heard


Silence breaks us especially if we are alone and we feel abandoned. Living alone here in South Korea, I felt alone and not hearing anything inside my room. I ask myself what if something happens to me here and no one knows? I don't have my family and my friends are not living in my apartment, will someone save me if I am sick or having trouble? 

These worries and anxieties fill my mind and build a weary heart inside. But despite the silence and feeling lonely at times, I dwell on God's word. Prayers are my only refuge and my strength when I am alone. The words of God give me the courage to continue my academic journey here because I know He will give me wisdom, guidance, and protection every day. He always listens to my request.

In Psalm 116:5-6 it says, "The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the unwary; when I was brought low, he saved me(NIV)." This is a reminder that God is always there even if you felt alone and even in silence when you hear nothing at all. His presence is always there, you just need to call upon His name and He will be present. 

I am heard. You are heard. God always listens.

No comments:

Post a Comment