Friday, July 7, 2023

Unschooled

My parents did not finish high school but they were able to work hard and put up their own business. Their earnings provided for my education at a private school during my elementary years. Some of our neighbors told them to put me in a public school where they could not spend much but they insisted and let me graduate with honors at the University of Mindanao.

I am grateful for my parents' sacrifice for my education. They are maybe unschooled but they are skilled and determined to work hard in order for me to finish school. I am now taking my Doctoral degree in South Korea and a permanent faculty at a state university in the Philippines. I am humbled by their hard work and I am indebted to them of who I am today.

My parents were like the disciples of Jesus, Peter and John, who were unschooled, ordinary men, but became the great preachers of the gospel. In Acts 4:13, they have showed courage and determination to follow Jesus Christ even if they are not educated. They were fishermen who dedicated their lives to serve the people (fishers of men). 
 
We may not know everything but if we dedicate ourselves to our dreams , we can make it. If we put ourselves in their shoes we realize that every thing will be possible to those who believe. We should never lose hope, we can do all things because Christ always strengthens us.

No comments:

Post a Comment