Saturday, July 8, 2023

Glory

I remember crying at my room alone because I was hurt by the words said by my boss. My boss said I am dumb  and my husband is unemployed and the I heard other hurtful words just to dampen my spirit. My supervisor always utter hurtful words to criticize me and that also let me question myself about my capabilities. I felt worthless, no talent and no expertise at all. I suffered for many years and I was stressed and always depressed when going to work. I thought of resigning but I said to myself this suffering is just short because I believe that the future will be different. 

We suffer from failures, rejections, criticisms, financial struggles, emotional battles, loneliness, judgement and the list goes on. As we walk with God, it is not a smooth road that we travel because our faith will always be tested and we learn from it and gain strenght that will make us more resilient and persevered to whats coming. We are always prepared for battle because we put the armour of God in our hearts, mind, body and soul.

When I feel down and giving up, I dwell on the words of Paul in Romans 8:18:

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." - Romans 8:18 NIV
https://romans.bible/romans-8-18

Our suffering is short and not comparable to God's promise of salvation. These hardships are just temporary, we can make ourselves better, bolder and stronger for God gives us strength from His messages from the scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment