Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Wash

I prefer to wash my car at a service center than cleaning it myself. Since, I am busy I dont want to exert effort and use that time to do other productive things while waiting. I can't let my car get dirty and muddy without washing it immediately. In contrast, my husband wants to clean the car by himself because he can save money from paying the carwash boys. But whatever preference we have, car washing by ourselves and others, we are guaranteed that the final result is having a squeaky clean and shiny car. 

Washing also reflects cleansing our hearts and minds. We are born sinners and we commit iniquities everyday but through confession of sins and accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord, who sacrificed Himself in the cross to save us. By nature, we are sinful but we can always walk at the right path with God's direction and guidance. 

In Psalm 51:7, David confess his sins and ask for God's forgiveness because of committing adultery to Bathsheba and crime against her husband, Uriah. Even if he was the King, he is not perfect and fall short sometimes. He confessed his sins and ask God to wash him, to cleanse until he will be white as snow.

We feel dirty and not worthy if we commit sins. But if we keep our minds and hearts to God, though reading and listening to His words from the bible, we are always connected to Him and we are reminded to live a Christian life and avoid committing sins that will dishonor Him. Let's stay connected by praising and worshiping God everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment