Sunday, July 16, 2023

Mission

I am starting to rekindle the fire of my Christian life here in South Korea. I was baptized in 2017 and accepted God as my Lord and Savior in an evangelical church in Davao City. I was introduced to how Christians should live and its great mission of sharing the gospel to all nations (Matthew 28:19).

I had my discipleship group led by my discipler who made the one on one sharing with me about Jesus. We started to every weekend to talk about our experiences and walk with God and the scriptures that we can learn from. Given our busy schedules, we gradually loose our time to meet every week and eventually our discipleship group stopped. During the pandemic 2020 until 2022, I was not in contact with them anymore. Eventhough we are not together to share the gospel, I was still studying the word of God alone. During those times that I need spiritual support in the pandemic, I felt abandoned by my discipleship leader and I was hesistant to join another group because it requires that both husband and wives should be there. My husband is not yet ready to join a group but I keep on praying that one day, that God will reveal to him his mission in life with Christ.

In August 2022, I went here to South Korea to pursue my doctoral degree. I was still attending a different church service online every Sunday and doing my daily devotionals to have a quiet time with the Lord. Service after service, the pastors always say that I should connect to a discipleship group. I tried to click the link and filled-out my information last January 2023. That month I prayed to God for a disciple group, even if its online, here in South Korea. Two months later, God answered and I received an email from a discipleship leader and invited me to attend their weekly meeting.

I was happy that finally I have a discipleship group and Christian family that I can share with my problems and my walk with Christ. Every meeting that we have is an opportunity to learn about the message and be transform with works of Jesus Christ. I am now ready to take this mission of being a Christian to share the gospel to my family, community and to the world. I am a work in progress and I may not know everything but God is there to equip and empower us to do our great mission. 

If we have the desire to know about Christ, distance and physical presence is not required, whenever and wherever we are, we can read, learn and share the gospel. In this digital age, online platform is an opportunity to share the gospel to every nation. That is my mission in life and I will do it one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment