Sunday, July 9, 2023

Into the light

I was living in the dark when I found out I was pregnant at twenty-two years old. I was so depressed and I did not know how to tell my parents. I just graduated last year and had my first job and earned a salary to help my family. Every night, I cried and I felt that I do not have a future anymore, my career was ruined and I cannot help my family anymore because I have a family to feed. Even in this circumstance, my dad did not scold me or got angry with me, he accepted me, my boyfriend and the child in my womb. My dad wants me to get married and live in his house. 

In this lowest point of my life, I lift up to God all my worries and cares. Instead of indulging in fear, worry and stressed of being a young mom and wife, I came to God for guidance and direction. He keeps me going despite all the challenges financially, emotionally and spiritually. He provided the light, a chance to make my life better for me and my family. 

In John 3:21, it says that if we live by the truth we will come to the light. After all those experiences, I dwell on God's promise and trusted Him. I prayed, read His words and apply it in my life. It was not easy but I manage to live by his grace through faith.

It is never too late to find the light and do not let yourself stay in the dark. We can make our lives better if we dedicate our lives to Jesus Christ. Do it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment