Thursday, July 6, 2023

Bread

I remember when I have only 20,000 won left in my allowance here in South Korea. This amount is dedicated to my food for 30 days and this is equivalent to 800 pesos in the Philippines. As strange as it may seem, this is the first time in my life that I experienced food deprivation but I do not consider myself poor. Its just that I made some wrong financial decisions that left me with nothing. All of my allowance was sent to my family in the Philippines to pay for my loans, tuition fees of my kids and their daily expenses. Its hard for I have expenses here in Korea and I also pay the expenses in the Philippines. I really wanted to save so I can have something when I return to the Philippines. 

In those times of financial struggles, the only thing that I bought for me to survive is bread. This bread kept me alive just like how the Israelites were able to survive in the dessert and God provided them with manna. God provided for them in their long journey toward the promise land. In Exodus 16:15, Moses told them that those are bread to eat.

Despite the hardships and struggles that we face, we can survive with God's grace. Let us keep our faith in the Lor our great provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment