Saturday, July 15, 2023

Transformation

My life before being a Christian, I have struggled emotionally and felt helpless. I was stressed at work and struggled financially. When I am in shortage in money, I borrow and loan from banks, used credit cards, which ended up to be a cycle of financial distress. During those times of challenges, I only relied on myself and what I can do to solve money issues. These problems was also the source of arguments with my husband and we ended up fighting and arguing. At that time, I felt that I was only the one carrying the burden of obligations to my family and he is not contributing because he always have irregular source of income due to unstable jobs (contractual). I felt that he is not working hard and doing his part to the family. Our life was miserable full of negativities.

But my life was transformed when I accepted God as my Lord and Savior in 2017. A person shared the gospel to me and I was able to go to a church regularly and even volunteered in the kids ministry and I brought my kids with me. In that year, that was the time that I discovered the teachings of Jesus Christ about submitting to your husband and trusting God for his provisions (Matthew 6:25) and do not worry because He will provide even before you ask.

My habits and lifestyle also changed. I am excited to wake up in the morning, having my quiet time with the Lord and have my daily devotions. I wrote down my notes about the scripture daily and during church services. I was overjoyed and overwhelmed on what God can do to our lives. I was transformed by the Holy Spirit. This was also a change in my mindset and perspective in life. 

Whenever I encounter problems, I pray and ask God for guidance to deliver me from this predicament. When I face rejections and failures, I accepted it and trusted God that it is not yet time for me to pursue that thing because He has prepared something greater in His perfect time. Indeed, I was patient to wait for my time and eventually it resulted to overflowing blessings. I just waited and trusted God and I had no amount of doubts in my heart. I felt that I am destined for something better.

We should always be thankful for God's wonderful deeds and blessings to us (Psalm 107:8). We are a work in progress and we are transformed everyday by the greatness of God's grace. To God be all the glory and honor! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment